Saturday, June 16, 2012

When My Dad Comes Home From Work

I wait by the door wanting to give him a hug and embrace the warmth of his cotton, Polo shirt. I'm reminded of theres still 20 minutes till he comes home but i want to play basketball with him where he'll let me win and then he help me practice so soon he won't have to let me win. I grab the hard, brown, rough basketball then reach for the door handle with the basketball under my arm. I decide i can practice by my self. I push the door open and it flies open like a bird wing. I heard the door slam shut where i feel i gust of wind which feels good considering its a summer afternoon where the temperature is reaching eighty degrees. I walk down the pebble steps and where there are baby ants playing, crawling, eating like they were never just born but you could tell by there size. As i begin to shoot I see a slight shiny, gray piece of metal drive by. Then I see hit driving up the street. It looks like my dads car but i can't see who is in the drivers seat. he pulls up to my house as i peek in the windshield standing a lot of feet away just incase it isn't my dad. When I look in I see my dad staring back at me and smiling I smile back and wait for him to get out of the car. He steps down on the black, muddy step and shuts the door with a slam. he walks up to me as i jump in his arms and feel his warm embrace and feel the softness of his cotton, Polo shirt as i stick my in his stomach and hold him tight.

4 comments:

  1. That was my piece of writing for today. Now I'm off to do math!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice writing. Great idea to write and do math - and read, of course. Keep it up all summer and you'll be in great shape! Don't forget to edit the writing - very important for Middle School!

    ReplyDelete